Cambridge International Examinations is the world’s largest provider ofinternational education programmes and qualifications for 5 to 19 year olds.Cambridge programmes and qualifications have a proven reputation for being anexcellent preparation for university, employment and life. They provide a valuableinternational benchmark of learner performance.
The Cambridge approach supports schools to develop learners who are:
- Confident in working with information and ideas – their own and those of others
- Responsible for themselves, responsible to and respectful of others
- Reflective as learners, developing their ability to learn
- Innovative and equipped for new and future challenges
- Engaged intellectually and socially, ready to make a difference.
At Kothari International we offer the IGCSE[grade 9,10] and Advanced levels[grade 11,12] of the CIE Curriculum
The Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)is typically for learners aged 14-16 years. It is based on a learner-centered andenquiry-based approach to learning.Cambridge IGCSE offers a flexible andstimulating curriculum, supported with excellent resources and training. It is theperfect springboard to advanced study
Cambridge IGCSE assessment takes place at the end of the course and can includewritten, oral, coursework and practical assessmentCambridge IGCSE examinationsessions occur twice a year, in June and November. Results are issued in Augustand January.The examination is now available in March in India only.
It is a two year study program. A pass of 5 subjects is required to graduate IGCSE.Passes in seven subjects taken from specified subject groups entitles students to beawarded the additional award of ICE (International Certificate of Education).
At present, following subjects are offered by us at this level:
CAMBRIDGE ADVANCED [AS & A LEVELS]
Cambridge Advanced is typically for learners aged 16 to 19 years who needadvanced study to prepare for university and higher educationCambridgeInternational A Level is typically a two-year course, and Cambridge InternationalAS Level is typically one year. Some subjects can be started as a CambridgeInternational AS Level and extended to a Cambridge International A Level.
Cambridge International AS and A Level develops learners’ knowledge,understanding and skills in:
- In-depth subject content
- Independent thinking
- Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as familiar situations
- Handling and evaluating different types of information source
- Thinking logically and presenting ordered and coherent arguments
- Making judgements, recommendations and decisions
- Presenting reasoned explanations, understanding implications andcommunicating them logically and clearly
- Working and communicating in English.
The learners can choose from a range of assessment options to gain CambridgeInternational AS and A Level qualifications:
- Take the Cambridge International AS Level only. The syllabus content is half aCambridge International A Level.
- Take a ‘staged’ assessment route – take the Cambridge International AS Level inone examination series and complete the final Cambridge International A Levelat a subsequent series.*
- Take all papers of the Cambridge International A Level course in the sameexamination session, usually at the end of the course.
Cambridge International AS and A Level examination series are held twice a year,in June and November. Results